5th October, 2007. 3:27 pm.
Hey! I know some of you guys are musical theatre fans and Rent fans, so I thought I'd show you a ticket link. Just click here to go to ticket master.
(And, if you join the group Voices for Rent, you can get points for buying tickets. Points = Awesome prizes)
Join Voices for Rent
19th September, 2007. 4:26 pm.
In the past two years, I've been to New York City four times, and everytime, even if I am not seeing the show, I make it a point to walk past our beloved Nederlander. Everything from the bright blue dumpster to the life size photographs of the Original Broadway Cast give me a sense of coming home to a friendly and warm place. A safe place. Unfortunately though, our theater is in a state of disarray. Some fans enjoy going to the theater and illegally expressing their feelings for the show on the facade of the building. It is perfectly fine to love this show and love the message and the actors and the man who wrote it, but vandalism is wrong. Even positive vandalism. I'm almost embarressed to call the Nederlander my Broadway home because it is the only theater that sports that kind of thing. The root of the vandalism is unknown. Some think that the fans who write on the facade of the building think that they are writing on the famous Rent Wall located backstage that has been signed by such legends as Danny Devito and Rhea Perlman. A few weeks ago a group of fans got together for a Nederlander Cleanup. Armed with Pinesol and Mr. Clean they arrived at the theater under the cover of night and scrubbed their little hearts out. By four in the morning, they had made a huge difference and the theater finally looked decent again.
There is still a lot of work to be done to make the theater look it's best again, and rumors flying around that the clean up crew has been banned from the lotto.
If you'd like to support our cause of getting rid of the grafitti once and for all, sign this petition and let your voice be heard.
12th April, 2007. 6:58 am.
I'M SEEING SPRING AWAKENING!!!
Not only that, but I might be seeing it twice in one weekend!
I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!!
In other news,
My boyfriend got hit by a car...on his birthday. He didn't break anything though, which I'm very happy about, but he's on crutches and it's difficult for him to get up and move around.
Why do bad things happen to such good people?
My mother kept saying "Thank God the car didn't hit his face." I told her to shut up.
25th March, 2007. 4:02 pm.
Meme stolen from maki_to13
Write to fourteen or so people that you want or need to say. Names needn't be mentioned, and some people don't even have LJ. This is more to vent than anything else. Who knows? Maybe you can guess which is addressed to you.
1. You completely flew off the handle and over reacted the other day. Just because you thought that he was breaking made up plans with you. The only thing you want him to do is get fired. We all know. You just want that so that he'll spend more time with you. Did you ever think that maybe he likes what he does...no. I know he hates it...but that doesn't mean that he wants to get fired. The other day I was appalled at how much you acted like a spoiled and rotten brat. He never gets to spend any time with me, and he's probably my best friend. You can shove your apologies where the sun don't shine.
2. My God, you're probably one of the nicest, sweetest, most brilliant person I've ever met. I just wish you weren't so depressing all the time. Although...I suppose I can't control that. Can I?
3. I really hope you're not a Jesus freak. I mean really! Who goes to Florida to visit Holy Land? God, you're beautiful. I can't wait until you get back.
4. You broke my heart the other night when you told me how much you hated your parents. I feel so bad for you. I know there are worse things in the world than dry and uptight parents, but when I'm with you and them in the same room...I can almost feel how smothered you are. By the way, you're amazing. I don't really mean all the jokes. Come out of the closet when you're ready. Or...don't. Who knows? Maybe you really are straight.
5. I'm really sad that we drifted apart because of a boy...but you should've backed off. You know better than that...or maybe you don't. I have no idea.
6. I'm sorry I haven't called. Please don't die.
7. Why don't you notice me? We've been friends for almost a year now. You looked so damn sexy running in the ran yesterday. I had to do everything that I could to remind myself that you don't like me that way and I have a semi love interest in Florida.
8. He brought it to my attention the other day what an annoying, mental, insane bitch you are...and really, I have to agree. Maybe if you didn't sit down everyday with us and say "You guys need to be extra quiet today because I have a huge headache that will not go away. I think ***** likes me, but I'm not sure. Hmmm...I think I have a chance! What should I do?" Blech.
9. I feel myself growing closer to you and it really scares me. I'll just get set up for heartbreak once again.
10. HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY DAD!
And...that's all I really have.
22nd March, 2007. 9:35 pm.
Oh c'mon guys! I comment on all your entries. Just take a second to let me know that people out there like me.
I talked to my love interest on the phone for an hour tonight. It felt like five minutes, but it was a whole hour. He's going to be in Florida for the next week, so I won't see him for a little while...which is kind of depressing.
19th March, 2007. 5:17 pm.
I've just finished a great book.
Some of you may have heard of the movie that came out around December called Children of Men, and I bet you're thinking "Oh Rebecca, I saw the movie and it sucked." or "I saw the movie and it was awesome. I don't need to read the book with the same story."
The book is one of the best I've read since I stopped reading Stephen King for some weird reason. It kind of upsets me how I have so little time to read these days. I used to be finished a book in two weeks tops. This book is 2 months overdue from the library.
Anyway, enough of that tangent.
It's a wonderful story that I recommend to all.
My show ended on Saturday. It was...well...really a crap show that I wasn't really proud of at all. My love interest. Hmm...Well...lets just say things are going okay in that area of my life. I'm going to ask him to see a movie with me this weekend.
I wish more exciting things were going on. Comment and tell me of all your adventures so that I may live vicariously.
21st February, 2007. 11:18 pm.
Wow I figure out that LARGE LETTERS MAKE PEOPLE READ MY POST!
Ha ha. Just kidding. No more caps. I promise.
( Look! An LJ cut! I'm not killing your friends pages! Yay!Collapse )
20th February, 2007. 5:27 pm.
It's finally time to stop being lazy and start being active again.
I'm really desperatly hoping that people on my f-list see this
and say, "I remember her. She was cool. Let me start being her friend again."
Yeah. I'm talking to you! YES! YOU!
Wanna know what's going on in my life? Not too much to tell.
Gained alot of weight.
Got really sad.
Started loosing friends.
Peachy, isn't it?
Anyway, I'm not here to whine. I'm collecting my life together and I want to keep my friends posted (if I still have any left.)
So if you saw this
And don't complain that I killed your F-list by making this huge. I did that so you (YES! YOU!) would see it.